Monday, January 02, 2006

More Than A Resolution

It was New Year's Eve, 2003, and I was desperate. Ok, maybe not desperate, but I was 29 years old. And lonely. And maybe a little bitter. And a tad bit nervous that I would end my life as a childless virgin living in a house full of roommates. So I did what any single woman on the verge of 30 would do - I made a resolution. And not just any resolution, the big one. And I told everyone I knew, loudly and proudly that....

(to be read in a booming announcer voice with a slight echo)
This year (year...year...) I am going (going...going...) to kiss (kiss...kiss...) a 21 year old!!!

It sounded just scandalous enough to raise eyebrows without raising any flags. It made people laugh, which was my only real intention. I never...ever...thought I would actually do it.

But I did.

And then I married him.

It turned out to be the best resolution I ever made. And today is Perfect Ryan’s birthday. He’s 24 now, but still just as kiss-able. So Happy Birthday Perfect Ryan!! You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I’m so glad I made some silly resolution and met you in the process. 2005 was the best year ever because I spent every day with you. You are good. So good. So so good. And I love you, I love you, I love you.

Jack-o-Pride

(If you would like to know why Ryan is Perfect you can find out here and here and here and here. And here. And also here.)