Friday, March 04, 2005

Lists

I'm not a listmaker, per se, although lately I've become obsessed. Maybe it's because I'm writing my second book and getting married four months from today and just bought a house and and and and ..... or maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember things anymore. Either way, I'm waking up in the middle of the night to write down "order bridesmaids dresses" and "get homeowner's insurance" and "check web banners for subseven". Maybe tonight I'll wake up at 3am and write "get sleep" on my hand. Or my forehead. And to make matters hazier, I found out today that my publisher has allegedly shipped 10,000 copies of my first book. Ryan pointed out that that's enough people-reading-my-book to fill a football stadium. This makes me nervous and giddy and feel a bit like a paparazzi hounded celebrity. Strangers in mass, reading my thoughts. My public humiliation that I've now made internationally public. It's my own fault. Everyone says "you're so brave" and "you're book is so honest" and I think "I'm a fool".