Thursday, June 09, 2005

My music....

Here is what you will learn about me from reading the below information:
1. I do not have "cool" musical tastes as "cool" is defined by the scene kids today
2. I am not ashamed of that
3. I like Meredith, so I felt free to expose my musical nerd-ness to the blog world at large

Total volume of music files on my computer:
OK, I do have an ipod. I do. However, I cannot tell you how many music files are on it, because the battery is dead since I left it on in my car and just now I fished it out of my purse where it was off (won’t come on) and all scratched up from being left in the car and in my purse. It’s not that I don’t love the ipod. I do. I think it’s one of the best inventions I’ve purchased (besides flip-flops) and I would recommend to anyone. I gave one to my fiancĂ© for Christmas. I’m a believer!! I’m just not that organized or functional at the moment. But I know there are a lot of songs on there – songs I really like.

The last CD I bought was:
I don’t, typically. I’m trying hard to remember – and I’m blank. I think it was U2 – which I’ve only listened to about once. I am planning to buy the new Cold Play record when I have some extra cash…which might be never. The last CD I got and listened to and liked was the new Copeland record. But I didn’t buy it.

Song Playing Right Now:
In my head it’s the Oscar Mayor Weiner song. (Cause if I were an Oscar Mayor Weeeeiiiinnneerrrrr….) I don’t have any out loud music playing at the moment. Even though I work for a record company – I usually get so busy that I forget to turn something on. Bad, I know. Several people sang me Happy Birthday this morning – so that is sort of the song of the day.

Five Songs I Listen To A Lot (or that mean a lot to me):
In no certain order:
"My Exit, Unfair" by mewithoutyou
"Soft Arms" by subseven
"Nobody’s Home" by Avril Lavigne (YES – I SAID AVRIL. YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT.)
"Let Go" by Frou Frou
"9 to 5" by Dolly Parton
"One Big Love" by Patty Griffin
"Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" by Sarah McLachlan
--there are also one million other songs that I love love love and know all the words too – but it’s hard to think of them all. So, this list is just a representation of the glamour.

Passing the baton to:
AJ Fabulous
Lori Jones

Received baton via: Meredith who is Cool