Wednesday, June 08, 2005

30 No More

Today is the last day I will be 30 and I am sad. Not so much sad because I’m turning 31 tomorrow, it’s more the loss of 30. I loved 30. 30 was good to me. So, below are some of the highlights of me and 30. She’ll be missed.

-Had three of my closest friends give birth to their first child
-Experienced the loss of Mia Grace Eckert
-Published my first book
-Made out with the hot Flicker intern in the parking lot
-Fell in love with said intern
-Traveled
-Saw a friend go to China to get her daughter
-Started painting
-Ate Cracker Barrel macaroni and cheese more times than I can count
-Spent large time with great friends
-Got stuck in a snowstorm
-Gained weight and lost weight
-Lost my words, and then found them again
-Continued the search to find my faith again
-Learned to trust someone again (still working on this one)
-Got engaged to the intern
-Found that adding Ryan’s family to my family is just about the best thing
-Bought my first house
-Saw my little brother get married next to the ocean
-Risked life and all my limbs by floating on a tarp with a stranger – in SHARK INFESTED WATERS

Of course, when I told Ryan that I was sad about leaving 30, he pointed out some of the upcoming highlights of 31.

-I’ll publish my second book
-I’ll marry the intern
-I’ll begin the rest of my lift with the intern
-I’ll have crazy jungle sex with the intern

He’s a smart guy, that intern…….