Friday, February 03, 2006

I Got the Boot

So, ask me about my surgery. No really, go ahead. Ask me how it went. Because I'll tell you - IT DIDN'T. If you want to know the gory details, keep reading. If you just want the summary - scroll to the end.

Monday, our record company moved offices. This consisted of carrying boxes, moving desks, going up and down stairs, etc. I noticed that my left big toe felt kind of cramped, but thought nothing of it. Monday night, I woke up several times in the night from my toe throbbing, which I thought was odd. Tuesday morning it was throbbing so much I had to limp to walk. It felt like I had just rammed it into a wall, which I thought was odd. Still, I assumed it would just go away. There wasn't any swelling or redness. I figured it was just a muscle spasm. Tuesday night all hell broke loose. My foot was screaming in pain. I was SCREAMING in pain. I sobbed for six hours. I didn't sleep at all. The next morning I went to the surgery center in a wheelchair, ony to find out that I coudln't have the surgery due to my mystery foot injury. Instead, I was sent to an orthapedic surgeon for x-rays. And now I've got this.

The Boot

So now, I've missed three days of work due to my foot injury. I've been in writhing pain due to my foot injury. I've been on serious narcotics that make me sleep all day due to my foot injury. And, my surgery has been rescheduled for Wednesday morning - so I can miss even MORE work and take even MORE drugs and be in even MORE agony. Oh joy.


Summary: THIS SUCKS.