Thursday, February 16, 2006

That Meme That Everyone's Doing:

Here's a meme that has made the blogging rounds (famously, even) and finally landed on me via Meredith and her Coolness.

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Doodles – the Chick-fil-A mascot. I was 13 and it was hotter than heck in that suit. I wore a bathing suit underneath and still had to take a break every fifteen minutes so I wouldn’t pass out from the heat.
2. House painter – between my junior and senior year of college. This job was even hotter than the Doodles costume – and dangerous. I once had to paint a guest house surrounded by bee infested bushes. Painting behind thorny bushes while dodging bee stings is no sort of good time.
3. Hostess at a five diamond restaurant called The Wild Boar. I wasn’t even allowed to enter the dining room. The maitre’d told me that my job was to “stand behind the hostess stand and look good”. I also had to say “good evening” as the guests arrived and I had to hang up their heavy fur coats in the winter. This resulted in several $50 tips. It also resulted in many encounters with the very wealthy and the very snobbish.
4. Marketing chick for an indie rock label

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Say Anything
2. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
3. Anchorman
4. Uncle Buck

Four places I’ve lived:
1. Lynchburg, Virginia for about six months
2. Bangor, Maine for about seven days
3. Nashville, Tennessee (including Spring Hill, Franklin and Donelson) for eight years
4. Louisville, KY for a year and a half

Four TV shows I love:
1. 24
2. American Idol
3. The Amazing Race
4. Lost

Four places I’ve vacationed:
1. Seattle
2. NYC
3. Florida – many many many times
4. Mosta, Malta

Four of my favorite foods:
1. French fries
2. Las Palmas trashy mexican
3. Moose Tracks Ice Cream
4. Peanut Butter

Four albums I can't live without:
1. Patty Griffin – Flaming Red
2. Frou Frou – Let Go (I might have this album title wrong)
3. Amy Grant – Lead Me On
4. Sarah McLaughlin – Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Four sites I visit almost daily:
1. AmSouth Bank
2. Yahoo
3. MySpace artist pages for my bands
4. 1,000 blogs

Four places I would rather be now:
1. With Perfect Ryan
2. The beach
3. Healthy
4. Debt-free

Four items in my purse
1. A prescription for Indomethacin
2. Planters 100 calorie peanut butter cookie crisps
4. Receipt from Dr. Woodall’s office
5. Digital camera

I won’t tag anyone since most everyone I know has done this or would be angered by the tag. Good day to you.