Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The State of Things: Vol. 2

I felt like I should update since I put my deepest darkest out into the world. I’ve had quite a few concerned phone calls and emails (which I appreciate, truly). The summary is - I’m fine. I’m not on any ledges or hanging any nooses. I’m just fed up with the state of my health and tired of doctors and painful, expensive procedures and $50 prescriptions that all result in a big fat nothing and overwhelmed by my book deadline and changes at work. It’s all a bit much. And as I told my smart friend Joni, I’m not able to mask my true feelings. Instead, I shake them out onto every person I meet. So...

A. Thanks for letting me shake
B. Thanks for listening and loving in spite
C. I wrote about ten sentences last night for my book. Progress! The deadline is in six weeks and in order to finish in time, I need to write 6,700 words a week. More sentences are needed, quickly. Send sentences. And hurry it up.
D. I ate trashy Mexican with Perfect Ryan for lunch today, and that seemed to clear a few clouds, although the sun isn’t shining yet. But tomorrow is another day, right?
E. Beware. There may be more gloomy posts a’comin.

Still Glamorous –
Jo

P.S. I’m not chickening out on this month’s SPT....I’m just overwhelmed (obviously). I will try and join in next week. I would just hate for the general public to miss out on my ugly bits.