Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: All of Me (The Ugly)

Yikes

Alright. This month's Self Portrait Tuesday theme is "All of Me" - embracing mistakes and loving the ugly bits.

So here it is. My ugly. Not that I usually edit photos on this site, cause I don't. I tend to let things hang out as they will. But this is "all of me" today. Angry. Tired. Unkept eyebrows and chapped lips. Pale skin. Irritated. Bad angle. My face looks terribly long. Bad hair. Menacing crutches in the rear view. This is about as real as it gets, people.

Lately the world seems to be spinning backwards upside down with jolting stops that shake your innards. Too many friends with deep wounds and shattered dreams and bad news from the doctor and financial woes and on and on and on. And of course there's my own drama that weighs so heavily. And so, this photo is how I feel. Raw. Ugly. Drained. Utterly fed up.

For more realness - check it here.

P.S. For anyone who still cares to care, my surgery is happening tomorrow morning at 8am - as long as my body cooperates and doesn't freak out again with flaming tendons and unneccessary pain. Let's all hold hands and hope.