Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sad

I’m struggling these days, trying to keep my head above the emotional waters. I don’t understand this sudden onslaught of sadness. I can’t explain it or ignore it or overcompensate for it. And I certainly don’t want to live with it. So, to combat these demons lying so deep within, I thought I would make a list of things I am happy about. Thankful for. Things that make me rich.

1. My adoring perfect husband whom I do not deserve at all in any way possible.
2. The window in my office that can sometimes provide a small escape.
3. Tetris.
4. My own personal Heavenly Bed.
5. Chocolate and peanut butter.
6. The fact that scripture is still true, whether or not I choose to read it or believe it.
7. Ryan’s laugh – and dimples.
8. Movies.
9. Red paint.
10. Family – both Harris and Illingworth

I might have to make a list every day. Every hour. But the sadness will not win.