Thursday, August 04, 2005

Results: Part Two

Running the risk of being “one of those patients” I went ahead and called the dr.’s office this morning to scream WHAT IS THE DEAL WHERE ARE MY RESULTS HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO LIVE. I had to leave a message, of course, which only furthered my worry and pacing. I just got a call back from the nurse. She said the results won’t be in until tomorrow or Monday. MONDAY. My poor husband……he will have to deal with me for four more days. And a (hopefully long) lifetime after that.
I wonder what would happen if I went down to Dr. Woodall's office and waited. I wonder what she would do if I stood in her doorway, tapping my foot and sighing loudly. If I smacked my gum loudly and hummed without ceasing. And whistled. And cracked my knuckles. And made that annoying drip sound with my mouth. Man, I gotta learn how to make the drip sound.