Friday, June 16, 2006

H to the B

Hello World, I'm Thirty Two-Riffic!!

So Friday was my birthday. My thirty second. I can't recall a thirty-second anything I've ever done unless we're talking chips-and-salsa or cupcakes. Or Diet Cokes. I'm now in my thirties. I'm now in my thirties. I always imagined The Thirties to be much different than they actually are. I'm much less grown-up-ish than I pictured. Much less woman-ish. I wear jeans to work every day. I market rock bands. I dance in the kitchen and watch American Idol and hang out with my friends. I don't know if I'm what I was supposed to be, don't know if I turned out to be more or less. I'm not a giant success at anything, not a VP, not a best-selling author. I'm not a mother. But I am a wife. I do have a great job and I did write two books. I'm me. I'm 32. Get used to it.

For my birthday Ryan took me to the aquarium in Chattanooga. A friend asked me who we went with and when I said "each other" he looked quizzical. I asked why and he said "didn't you go with someone who has kids?" NO! I went with Ryan because aquariums are cool! YEAH! (And Ryan IS 24....so technically.....uhh....)

Here's how the day went:

1. Ryan got thirsty.

Drink

2. We saw the shell of a big turtle.

Big turtle

3. We saw some little turtles. (How....did....they.....?)

Little turtles

4. We saw some Killer Otters.

Caution!

5. We saw an eel that haunts my dreams.

eel

6. We went on a 3-D safari at the Imax.

3-D

7. And drank razzzzzzzberry icees. The End.

Blue Razzzzzzberry

But here's the best part of my birthday. Zeke Eckert came into the world. Welcome little friend. I'm glad you're here.
Zeke