Tuesday, May 09, 2006

O.O. J.

Every single day I get more annoying. Obnoxious. I am totally aggravated with myself.

I don't know, but maybe it's the new office scenario? For the past five years I've worked with five or less people during the day. Now I have face to face conversations with 25+ people every single day. It's fun to meet new people and make new friends, fun to interact with so many people every day. However, I leave most of my new conversations thinking "JoAnna! Tone it down!" Overly Obnoxious Jo is blaring at full speed and Glamorous Jo is nowhere to be found. I tell wild stories and talk too loud. I make sarcastic commments and find that I'm the only one laughing. Even as I see the troubled or disinterested look on my listener's face....I keep going. I keep talking. Louder. Waving my hands excitedly as if they will distract people from my pointless and trivial words. I can't seem to stop myself. Several times each day I find myself thinking...SHUT THE HECK UP! Sure, this part of my personality can be cute and charming - but not in such large and ear piercing doses.

Friends, it's true. I am turning into my mother.