Monday, April 24, 2006

Update

So guess what? I am still alive! It's true! I know I've been absent but hey, give a girl a break. I just finished writing more words than my husband will ever utter in his lifetime. I needed a word break. I haven't really been doing anything spectacular unless you consider walking my dog and cleaning my house and playing Nertz spectacular....AND I DO. MY LIFE RULES. Also, my job has suddenly become psycho busy X 1,000. That does not rule. I promise to return soon with my boring stories and obvious observations and annoying gloats about my Perfect Ryan and my Minnie Dog. I'm sure we'll all be richer for it.

P.S. - THANKS so kindly for all the well wishes about my book. I truly appreciate all the kindness and encouragement, especially at such a time as this. Below are some answers to some questions:

1. I turned the manuscript in to my editor, the fabulous Kate, who will now either rip it to shreds or will say "it's ok". I'm hoping for the latter.

2. I have a publishing deal with W Publishing, a division of Thomas Nelson. I would provide links but I'm too tired. If you've ever heard of the author Max Lucado, he's on W Publishing. I have not sold as many books as Max Lucado.

3. I don't know when this book will come out, probably later this fall. Don't worry, as soon as I know I will sound the alarm. Loudly.

4. Yes, writing an entire book is terrifying and crazy hard and WAY too self-revealing for my taste. But it's also so fun. And rewarding. And terrifying. And writing this book was unbelievably harder than writing the first. I hope I get to do it again.

5. Here is a picture of my dog.
Minnie park

Oh come on, you saw that coming a mile away.