Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Method to My Madness

I've passed these products about a million times in Target without ever taking the time to notice. I thought they were Target branded cleaning supplies....and while I'm certainly a Target Whore to the Utmost...I never gave them a second thought. I figured it wasn't wise to skimp on things that clean and deodorize. Then I read an article in Relevant about how we're slowly killing the earth and ourselves and innocent puppies what with our harsh chemicals and scrubbing bubbles...and how Method Cleaning products are made with natural ingredients...with no chemicals made in factories...or something equally as PETA-ish. So, racked with guilt, I started recycling all my Diet Coke cans and bought some Method wipes and shower cleaner and all-purpose cleaner. And I felt pretty good about myself. Look at me! Saving Mother Earth!

But here's the part you didn't know.

THESE PRODUCTS SMELL TERRIFIC. They made my bathroom sink sparkle! They made my toilet smell fresh! Yes! I smelled my toilet! Method makes me WANT to clean my bathrooms every day just to inhale the environmentally-friendly-non-fumes. And people....ain't nuthin makes me want to clean my bathrooms. Not even when it's downright offensive. Not even when the layers of dirt and soap scum are in an all out war with each other. Not even when the sink is a lumpy bowl of ewww because of all the toothpaste globs. Not even when Ryan notices.

In short, I hate cleaning the bathroom.

But now....now that Method has changed my life....I shall wear Birkenstocks and make my own granola and change my name to Rainbow of Sunshine Illingworth.




P.S. Do not read the below if you haven't seen the Golden Globes or the premier of 24. And if you haven't seen the premier of 24 - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, I ASK YOU.

Biggest TV surprises last night:
1. That Jack shot Curtis....IN THE NECK. Couldn't he just shoot him in the arm or something? What's with the homicidal rage? However, I do not think Curtis is dead. I also do not think Tony Almeda is dead. We'll see him again.
2. The nuke.....went off. IT WENT OFF.
3. Borat is surprisingly handsome when being a semi-normal person.
4. Grey's Anatomy beat 24 and Heroes. Whaaaa???