Sunday, January 07, 2007

2006 No More

I've been thinking about writing the obvious It's-A-New-Year post where I cherish the past and predict the future chock full of obvious resolutions (Lose Weight! Save Money!) and positivity out the wazoo. Truth is...I haven't been able to formulate a thought in my head let alone put one in print. 2006 was......crap. Start to finish.

Total.

Crap.

I was looking forward to 2007 with an obvious desperation. Counting on it to be better. Depending on it....because 2006 Volume 2 is not an option for me. I can't take one more minute of 2006. In short, I AM OVER 2006. I am over TMC and doctors and job stress and family drama and car troubles and friends losing loved ones and prescriptions and physical therapy and sick friends and muddy paw prints and on and on. And on. I thought Christmas would be the beginning of the end of Terrible 2006....but over Christmas we lost two family dogs. Did you hear me?

Two.
Family.
Dogs.
Died.

Minnie is still with us, thank the Lord, but to say that losing the other dogs was sad is a gross understatement. Ryan and I had a long talk with Minnie and told her that she's not allowed to die. Ever.

And so....I'm begging you 2007.....be good to me. GOOD to me. I need a break. A pass. A jackpot. Something.

Let's take a moment to remember Foxy and Tess. They were both loved deeply.

Here's Tess...the Illingworth family dog and Ryan's dog since he was 10 years old.
Tess
Tess
1991-2006

And here's Foxy...my parents' dog and Minnie's friend.
Foxy the Dog
Minnie and Foxy 5
2003-2006

They will both be terribly missed.