Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Be Fri vs. st ends

I just read on Amazon a new review of my first book. Here's my favorite quote from that review:

However, I did have a couple of minor issues. First, it was a bit much to read about how absolutely perfect her girlfriends are. I'm glad she has some solid comrades, since that fits with her advocation of community for bearing one's burdens. But c'mon - everybody's screwed up some way, and it bugs me to see folks portrayed as so great that Christ could've outsourced His crucifixion to them. That bit of sugarcoating detracted from the book's honesty.

Guess what I say to that? HOGWASH.

My friends are consistantly the lights of my life. So much so that tonight I cried at Bunco. You should know, there's no crying in Bunco. But. My friends, some of which are the very same ones I talked about in my book, all of which I COULD have talked about in my book because they are THAT SUGARCOATED AWESOME.....those same friends took time out tonight to pray for me and my struggling heart. Because they are selfless and know what friendship really means.

And...

As I was sobbing and it was awkward and no one knew what to say, Angela said:

"Yaaaa'llll....did ya'll know that some people don't have tear ducts?? It's truuuuueeeeee."

My friends can beat up your friends.