Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Man and Wife

This photo was taken by a friend (Amy Vest) right after we kissed. In that exact moment I felt a rush of so many things. Something like my life flashing before my eyes only not in a scary way. It was one of those perfect, untouchable moments that I will never forget. I want to say that our wedding was magical, although I think saying that will cheapen it somehow. But it was - it was magical. It was surreal. It was special and memorable and us. Wedding 29
Marrying Ryan has been the highlight of my life. I know some people might shake their heads at me and murmur something about "your life's highlight should be when you accepted Christ". And yes, that was certainly a highlight - but not like a flash. I grew up knowing who Christ was, and accepted Him at a very young age. And when it happened, I was overwhelmed. But I also believe that accepting Christ is a process. A journey. A lifelong choice. And ok, so is marriage. Marriage is a journey and a process. A lifelong choice. But my point that I'm having a terrible time making is this - my wedding ceremony was the one moment in my life when I've been completely aware of what was happening. Aware of the gravity and importance. Aware of my heart. Aware of every word I spoke. Every look and touch. Every nuance. Every fleck of blue and green in Ryan's eyes. Every slight twitch of his face that told me knew it too.