Tuesday, August 21, 2007

When You're Sliding Into First and You Feel a Little Burst

I've made an unbreakable vow to never eat Applebee's again.

Not no way.
Not no how.
Not.
Ever.

You see, the last three times I've eaten at Applebee's I've gotten violently ill. Violently. After the first visit I thought I must have gotten a 24 hour bug. After the second I thought maybe food poisoning? That third visit landed me in my local Gastrointestinal office with a $60 prescription and a burning sensation. That's six pills a day for three solid months ya'll. And that spells AppleYIKEswillneverpasstheselipsagain. Ever. Not even if they offered me free French fries for life. Not even for a cash prize. I will not eat Applebee's and ham. I will not eat it Glam I am

Fast forward to tonight and a benefit function downtown. Dinner was served and I was hungry and the food was delicious! The salad dressing so tangy! The chicken so tender! The potatoes so mashed! I was seconds away from licking my plate clean when the program started and the host thanked everyone involved.

Including the catering.

From Applebee's.