Monday, August 06, 2007

Today We Will Be Serving Perspective with a side of Some People Have It Worse

It’s supposed to be 100 degrees today. And in case you need a reminder, I live in the Humidity of the Humidishly Humid South. It’s hot ya’ll. Saturday I was in my yard pulling weeds for about 10 minutes and I thought I might have to burn the clothes I was wearing, I got THAT sweaty. When I got in my car at lunch today my steering wheel had been replaced with a burning ring of fire. I immediately turned on the air conditioning at major full blast and pointed it directly at my face. And armpits. And the air didn't get cool until I parked my car. All anyone can talk about today is how hot it is and how the heat! It’s so hot! And oh my! I might die! From the heat!

Then I got an email from my friend Earl Pinkston. Earl is married to my friend Robin and they are missionaries living in the tiny island country of Malta – located in the Mediterranean Sea. Robin just had a baby this weekend, her third. Here is a direct quote from Earl’s email:

Please continue to remember Robin as she remains in the hospital for another five days recovering from the c-section. Pray for cool breezes (as there is no air conditioning in the hospital)...

Wait a minute...NO AIR CONDITIONING? IN THE HOS-PI-TAL?????

Go ahead and think about that for thirty seconds. Then tell me what you come up with because I cannot even think about it at all.