Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do We Have More Of These?

You know the Target Lady from Saturday Night Live? And you know how she loves every item that comes through her line and has to have it immediately?
Wow, these are some smart kackis, she says.
Thanks, you say.
Do we have more of these? she says.
And if you say yes, she runs away to find the smart kackis in her size leaving you standing there dumbfounded. She's also thrilled when your debit card is approved. Man, that skit cracks me up every time.

So.

The following exact exchange just happened to me. At Target. In real life.

Wow, this is SO CUTE, she says.
Yeah I thought so too, I say
I mean it this is SO CUTE. Do we have more of these? she says.
No, I got the last one, I say.
The last one? she says.
Yes, I say.
Oh......................she says.
Yeah, I say.
..............................she says.
I'm getting it for a friend for her birthday, I say.
..............................she says.
..............................I say.
..............................she says.
Ring it up! I gotta get home and watch TIVO! I say.


And yes, my debit card was approved!