Wednesday, February 21, 2007

If this is a race I've lost sight of the bunny

People hate to wait. This is evidenced every single day on my drive home from work. There's too many cars and too few lanes and neverending construction and shifty speed traps and employees just trying to get home already. And me. Seems like at least once a day someone cuts me off coming perilously close to my car. Closer than close. So close I gasp and see a short slide show of my life. Usually this daredevil manages to make it exactly four inches ahead of me. And usually this same daredevil makes it to the exit exactly when I do. And we make it through the light at the exact same time. I bet we even hit our garage doors simultaneously. And yet every day, at 6:10pm, there he is again....taking my life into his hurried hands. Desperate to beat me by at least those four inches. Because to merge lanes early, even to merge on time, means there might be waiting. And people hate to wait.

Me too.

I haven't talked about TMC in a while. Not because it's been resolved but just because I'm over it already. It's now been 21 months. Or twenty months and .... oh who cares. It's been a long time. Chinese water tortue long. And I'm ready to cut someone off so I can get four inches ahead. I'm ready to risk a collision just for the possibility of advancement. Because currently I feel stunted. Like I'm waiting for the opportunity to...wait. There are certain things in my life that can't happen until this issue is resolved. Taken care of. Banished forever. And that's the summary....every day I'm waiting for the chance to wait. Life continues to move around me. In front of me. And I'm still here.

Waiting.

Also, as of today I have SEVEN close friends and family members that are pregnant...five of which are due within four weeks of each other. See what I mean? Life continues.

Also, The Agent called. Left a message. I called back. Left a message. He called back. Left a message. And life continues.