Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday: Reflections (Shorn)

Ok...so...I like change. I like to mix things up. I like to try new things (well mostly, not always, and if it's food then not ever). I've lived in Nashville for 8+ years and I've had 8 different addresses (if you don't count the seven day stint in Maine - which I don't). I've also had about 8 different hair colors. I feel like I'm willing to try most anything with my hair - when it involves color. The length - however - is a different matter entirely.

I have always - always - had long hair. Always. Sometimes long, and sometimes looooooong. But always - long. But lately I've felt bogged down with the hair and have threatened to "chop it" as I've so exasperatingly shouted to Ryan over and over. But for me "chopping" would mean a few inches off the back. And just to prove my point:

Here I am in a sorority composite picture circa 1993:

Composite - 1993

And here I am at a sorority dance circa 1994:

Monster Mash

And here's me as Poison Ivy in 1999.

Poison Ivy

Here I am in October of 2003 (why are all my pictures from October?):

Pumpkins of the Year

And here I am in June of 2004 with Baby Alex (scrumptious Baby Alex):

Jo and Alex

And yes, I have 1,000 pictures of me with long hair from high school and elementary school, but no one needs to see that.

Which brings us to the present day. Ryan has needed a haircut in the worst way, and I've been running around spouting about "chopping" my hair, so last night we did just that. We both went and got haircuts. More accurately, we were shorn like innocent lambs.

Exhibit A:

Hair - front

Exhibit B:

Hair - side

Exhibit C:

Hair back

The good thing is, hair grows fast. Ok, the REALLY good thing is, I cut so much off I was able to donate it to Locks of Love - and that ain't half bad.

But I didn't ask for bangs.