Monday, October 22, 2007

Waterworks

Sooooo....I haven't written anything lately. It isn't that nothing has happened it's just how do you follow a post about your most insanely private? And you've spilled it to the entire World Wide Web. I mean really. Who do I think I am? So I want to say something else, anything else. Maybe a joke? Or a clever observation? Or a list or something? I'm having a little trouble coming up with anything other than the fact that I cried in my office today in front of my boss. I ask you, is there anything worse? As a woman you try so hard to be strong and professional and respected. You work doubly hard to make sure that NO man can accuse you of being "hormonal" or whatever. One tear and all of the respect you've earned goes flying out the first floor window. The crying was work related. Something I can't really talk about here. What I will tell you is that I'm going through some stuff. And the stuff ain't nice. I've had several meetings lately where information was shared that made me want to cry like a howler monkey but I've managed to keep my cool. Until today. And ya'll, it was ugly. And then I had to face the rest of the day with burning eyeballs and no mascara.

And it's Monday.

And it rained all day.

And a guy at work said, "You know, if you were smaller right in here (pointing to his hips) you would be really proportionate."

Umm, thanks? I mean, I hate you?

What?

Good times.