Thursday, August 03, 2006

If It Ain't Broke

Remember that scene in Pretty Woman when Richard Gere takes Julia Roberts to the opera and she's looking very unprostitutional wearing The Jewels and The Dress. Remember when they're sitting in the opera box and Richard hands Julia a pair of opera glasses and she keeps trying to hold them up to her eyes but they keep flopping around and she can't quite figure it out. "They're broken. My glasses are broken..." she says. Richard leans over and turns the glasses the correct (and obvious) way. "Oh" she says.

Ryan and I have become quite good at having "oh" moments. First there was the garbage disposal incident that made us both feel like complete incompetents. Then a few weeks ago Ryan's car got smashed. He took it to the auto body shop and they fixed it right up. Except for the radio. After Ryan got his car back he noticed the radio no longer worked. All of the stations were fuzzy. "It's broken. My radio is broken..." he said. He took the car back to the auto body shop where they promptly....raised the antenna. The antenna that had been lowered while they worked on the car. Oh.

Then today at lunch I commented to Ryan how our favorite talk radio station had gone off the air. He said he hadn't noticed? I said, yes, since last week I haven't been able to get the station to come in. "It's broken. Something at the station must be broken...." I said. So Ryan went out to my car and adjusted my antenna that was apparently bumped when I had new tires put on last week. And magically...the station came in clear as a pregnancy test. Oh.

I can only imagine what will happen if we ever have a child.


THIS JUST IN: Sorry to report, but I am not pregnant. I also did not mean to give off the vibe that I was....I guess my subconscious leaked out onto my blog.