Thursday, September 13, 2007

The One Where You Think I'm Confessing what Embarrassing Shows I Watch, But I'm Not. (i'mnotembarrassedatall)

Time Magazine recently came out with their list of the 100 Best TV Shows of ALL TIME! Since I love TV like Chris Crocker loves Britney and black eyeliner, I was very eager to see what they qualified as "ALL TIME" best shows. Here's the list (with my comments):

The 100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME
A - F
* 24 (Jack Bauer for President! Although not the Jack Bauer from Season 6, please.)
* 60 Minutes
* The Abbott and Costello Show
* ABC's Wide World of Sports
* Alfred Hitchcock Presents
* All in the Family
* An American Family
* American Idol (Duh.)
* Arrested Development (If I could put George Micheal Bluth in my purse and take him with me everywhere I go - I would. I would indeed.)
* Battlestar Galactica
* The Beavis and Butt-Head Show (Wait, really? I mean, I've laughed with the best of 'em but we're going for greatest shows of ALL TIME here.)
* The Bob Newhart Show
* Brideshead Revisited
* Buffalo Bill
* Buffy the Vampire Slayer
* The Carol Burnett Show
* The CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite
* A Charlie Brown Christmas
* Cheers
* The Cosby Show (Whachoo talkin' 'bout BUUUUUUD.)
* The Daily Show
* Dallas
* The Day After
* Deadwood
* The Dick Van Dyke Show
* Dragnet
* The Ed Sullivan Show
* The Ernie Kovacs Show
* Felicity (Scott Speedman! So Sexy!)
* Freaks and Geeks
* The French Chef
* Friends (Give us some candy Lady!)

G - M

* General Hospital
* The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show
* Gilmore Girls (Yes, please.)
* Gunsmoke
* Hill Street Blues
* Homicide: Life on the Street
* The Honeymooners
* I, Claudius
* I Love Lucy
* King of the Hill
* The Larry Sanders Show
* Late Night with David Letterman (NBC)(Although Paul Schaffer scares the POOP out of me.)
* Leave It to Beaver
* Lost (If this were not an alphabetized list, this should be at the top of said list. Forever. Amen.)
* Married... With Children
* Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
* The Mary Tyler Moore Show
* M*A*S*H
* The Monkees
* Monty Python's Flying Circus
* Moonlighting
* MTV 1981-1992
* My So-Called Life
* Mystery Science Theater 3000

N - S

* The Odd Couple
* The Office [American] (There's Poop! Falling! From the CEILING!)
* The Office [British]
* The Oprah Winfrey Show
* Pee Wee's Playhouse
* Playhouse 90
* The Price Is Right
* Prime Suspect
* The Prisoner
* The Real World
* Rocky and His Friends
* Roots
* Roseanne
* Sanford and Son
* Saturday Night Live
* Second City Television
* See It Now
* Seinfeld (Another list topper, this should be, in a non-alphabetized way)
* Sesame Street
* Sex and the City
* The Shield
* The Simpsons
* The Singing Detective
* Six Feet Under
* Soap
* The Sopranos
* South Park
* SpongeBob SquarePants
* SportsCenter
* Star Trek
* St. Elsewhere
* The Super Bowl (and the Ads)
* Survivor

T - Z

* Taxi
* The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
* The Twilight Zone
* Twin Peaks
* The West Wing
* What's My Line?
* WKRP in Cincinnati
* The Wire
* Wiseguy
* The X-Files
* Your Show of Shows


Here's the thing. Where's Scrubs? And Flavor of Love? And 30 Rock? And Best Week Ever and Flipping Out and That's So Raven and The Dog Whisperer? And Aqua Teen Hunger Force? And Hogan Knows Best? I mean, if you're going to make a list - make a LIST people.